Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri July 26, 2013
In Germany, A Car Pool That Actually Involves Water
Originally published on Fri July 26, 2013 6:33 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. What better way to beat the summer heat than jumping in a pool? That's what some guys in Germany did, but their pool was a converted an open-top BMW - complete with tiki decorations - still drivable. The fun, though, dried up when they passed a motorcycle cop. They pulled over, abandoned the vehicle and jumped into a nearby river. The investigation is still ongoing, but the police did say this car pool probably didn't have a road permit. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.