Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Tue April 1, 2014
Gary Nicholson On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:41 pm
Gary Nicholson makes his first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Culture Center Theater in Charleston, W.Va.
Nicholson may not be a household name, but he's one of Nashville's most prolific and respected songwriters, having crafted hits for George Strait, Patty Loveless, Delbert McClinton and Toby Keith — and that list barely scratches the surface. A Grammy-winning producer as well as a guitarist, Nicholson recently returned to performing his songs live.
His best known songs include "Fallin' and Flyin,'" which was sung by Jeff Bridges in the film Crazy Heart, and one of Vince Gill's signature tunes, "One More Last Chance." Nicholson sings both of these in his set, backed by guitarist Colin Linden of Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, along with the Mountain Stage Band.
- "One More Last Chance"
- "Trouble With The Truth"
- "Fallin' And Flyin'"
- "The Upside Of Lonely"
- "Memphis Women And Chicken"