Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Law Professor Seeks To Limit Sex Trafficking In Illinois
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawsuit: ‘Orange Crush’ Unit Abuses Illinois Prisoners
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
Thu February 27, 2014
Full Audio of Oak Ridge Cemetery Closed-Talks
Before Tuesday's Committee of the Whole meeting, Springfield City Council held a special meeting to release the full audio from a November 5, 2013 executive session discussion about Oak Ridge Cemetery.
Mayor Michael Houston said release of the audio required majority consent of the council.
The vote came after a Sangamon County Judge John Schmidt ruled the discussion a violation of the Illinois Open Meetings Act. The topic of the audio is a plan to seek proposals for private management of the city-owned cemetery. The plan has since been abandoned.