Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed July 30, 2014
France's Nude Models Threaten To Strike
Originally published on Wed July 30, 2014 7:07 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The artists of Paris may be spending more time staring at a still life or perhaps a landscape because the country's nude models are threatening to strike. The models complain they have no job security or vacation pay, and they aren't allowed to collect tips to supplement a minimum-wage income. A few years ago, the models braved the cold to stage a naked protest. Organizers told the Guardian newspaper, not just anyone can take their clothes off and hold a pose. Its MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.