Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu August 8, 2013
Former IDPH Chief Of Staff Indicted
Authorities say a onetime chief of staff to the former head of the Illinois Department of Public Health took $433,000 in kickbacks for steering grant and contract money to certain groups.
An indictment released Thursday by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Springfield says Quinshaunta R. Golden faces one count of bribery and theft involving federal funds.
The accusations largely relate to the time Golden was chief of staff to Eric E. Whitaker in the 2000s.
The 44-year-old Homewood woman also faces one count of witness tampering and obstruction of justice for allegedly trying to convince a potential witness to lie to investigators.
A message seeking comment left at a residential number for Golden wasn't returned.
Golden's the 13th person charged in an investigation of state grant and contract fraud.