- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Inspector General Discloses Political Hiring Investigation
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Mon December 23, 2013
Former DCFS Director Calica Dies
The former head of Illinois’ child welfare department died overnight.
Richard Calica resigned his position with the state Department of Children and Family Services last month.
He’d been diagnosed with cancer and had undergone surgery. When he resigned - Governor Pat Quinn praised Calica for adding more than 100 child welfare investigators to the department.
Calica’s chief of staff took over the department on an interim basis when he resigned.
Calica was 67.