Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon December 23, 2013
Former DCFS Director Calica Dies
The former head of Illinois’ child welfare department died overnight.
Richard Calica resigned his position with the state Department of Children and Family Services last month.
He’d been diagnosed with cancer and had undergone surgery. When he resigned - Governor Pat Quinn praised Calica for adding more than 100 child welfare investigators to the department.
Calica’s chief of staff took over the department on an interim basis when he resigned.
Calica was 67.