Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue July 1, 2014
Fmr. U.S. Attorney Named Acting Legislative Inspector General
A former U.S. attorney and legal counsel to former Republican Gov. Jim Edgar has been named acting legislative inspector general.
The Legislative Ethics Commission announced in a statement received Tuesday
that J. William Roberts of Springfield took over in an acting capacity on
In addition to his tenure as counsel to Edgar and U.S. attorney for the central
district of Illinois, he also was Sangamon County State's Attorney.
Roberts takes over for Tom Homer, a former Democratic lawmaker and appellate
court justice who served 10 years following the creation of the post with the
2003 Ethics Act.
The legislative inspector general is responsible for investigating complaints
and other indications of violations of laws or rules, abuse of authority or
other forms of misconduct by lawmakers and their staff members.