Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Mon September 2, 2013
Farm Progress Show: Large Crowds, No Records
Organizers of this year's Farm Progress Show say they'll wait to decide whether to keep an onsite annex when the nation's largest outdoor farm show returns to Decatur in 2015.
This year's three-day show had about 600 vendors _ the most in its 60 year history. With so many vendors, organizers added an annex for new exhibitors.
Matt Jungmann is the show's manager. He tells The (Decatur) Herald & Review says that this year's crowd was above average, but wasn't record-setting. He attributes that to hot weather. Organizers also had to scrap field demonstrations this year because unseasonably cool summer weather delayed the growth of corn that was planted for the show.
Next year's Farm Progress Show will be held in Iowa before returning to Decatur in 2015.