Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu January 16, 2014
Fanfare Ciocarlia: globalFEST 2014
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:57 pm
If any band has figured out how to marry breakneck speed with astonishing chops, it's Fanfare Ciocarlia (pronounced "fan-FAR-eh cho-car-LEE-ah"). With a playlist that veers from traditional Romani (Gypsy) tunes to covers of "Born to Be Wild" and Duke Ellington's "Caravan," this brass band from northwestern Romania has set the pace, literally, for close to two decades.
And as soon as this oversized outfit of horns, winds and drums arrived on the main globalFEST stage, the folks in the audience knew exactly what to do: They began pogoing ecstatically until the floorboards shook.
- "Ruseasca Lui Filon"
- "Sirba Monastirea"
- "Lume, Lume"
- "Asfalt Tango"
- "Iag Bari"