- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Around the Nation
Fri April 5, 2013
Fan Refuses To Shave Until A D.C. Team Wins A Championship
Originally published on Fri April 5, 2013 6:30 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene, with a story of a harried sports fan - or, rather, a hairy sports fan. Thomas McAllister believes in his Washington, D.C. team so much that he's vowing not to shave until one of them - the Redskins, Wizards, Capitals or Nationals - wins a championship. The Washington Post says he hasn't shaved since last June, a day before he got married. Facebook followers have given his red fan beard a name: Lombeardi.
Thomas, you're going to wish you lived in Pittsburgh. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.