- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Fri October 11, 2013
Elizabeth Graver's Novel Longlisted for National Book Award
Originally published on Thu October 31, 2013 9:00 am
The finalists for the National Book Award for fiction will be announced next week. A few of the books on the longlist: Alice McDermott’s “Someone,” Jhumpa Lahiri’s “The Lowland,” Thomas Pynchon’s “The Bleeding Edge.”
And a beautiful novel by Boston College professor Elizabeth Graver, “The End of the Point.”
The title refers to Ashaunt Point, a fictional strip of land jutting into the waters off Cape Cod.
We revisit our April 2013 conversation with Graver.