Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu May 29, 2014
Elbow On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon June 9, 2014 12:09 pm
British alt-rock band Elbow formed in 1997 near Manchester. Just over a decade later, the group's album The Seldom Seen Kid won the Mercury Prize, catapulting it into major arenas in the U.K. On this installment of World Cafe, Elbow plays an acoustic set of songs from its latest album, The Take Off and Landing of Everything, and host David Dye speaks with lead singer Guy Garvey and bassist Pete Turner about the evolution of the band.