Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu May 1, 2014
Eilen Jewell On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:29 pm
Eilen Jewell makes her second appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown.
The self-proclaimed Queen of the Minor Key, Jewell has a sweet voice and easygoing delivery that have won her fans from her native rural Idaho to Boston, where she's now based. Her music encompasses a wide range of musical styles, from folk, country and gospel leanings to electric outings that skirt the edge of '60s garage rock and Chicago blues.
Lately, Jewell and her band have been living on the road, touring across North America, Western Europe, New Zealand and Australia. They've shared the stage with Lucinda Williams, Mavis Staples and Emmylou Harris. She performs today with Jason Beek on drums, Johnny Sciascia on upright bass and guitarist Jerry Miller.
- "Worried Mind"
- "Rio Grande"
- "Santa Fe"
- "I Remember You"
- "Warning Signs"