- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Mon May 6, 2013
Eastvold Concedes In Tight School Board Race
A Springfield school board race that was too close to call is now over. Katharine Eastvold announced today she has conceded in the race for subdistrict five. She lost by one vote to Donna Moore. A partial recount found that votes had been counted accurately. Eastvold says she considered asking a judge for a full recount but did not find enough evidence to warrant that move. A supporter of Eastvold had used the Freedom of Information Act to uncover election documents. But Eastvold says those documents failed to turn up information to justify dragging out the contest.
“We culled through those documents, pretty thoroughly – as thoroughly as we could over the weekend. Because I wanted to make sure that – since the new board members are taking their seats tonight, that if there was not enough evidence for a full recount that we went ahead and conceded,” says Eastvold.
The new Springfield school board will consist of Moore along with Adam Lopez, Mike Zimmers, Chuck Flamini, Lisa Funderburg, Scott McFarland and Judy Johnson. The new board’s first meeting is tonight.