Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu April 24, 2014
Drive-By Truckers On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon April 28, 2014 9:46 am
Drive-By Truckers' new album, English Oceans, features a new set of songs from principal writers Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley. The band has roots in the Muscle Shoals area of Alabama, where Hood's father David was a member of the legendary studio band. Drive-By Truckers' members are now based in Athens, Ga.
At one time, there was a third writing and guitar-playing member of the band, Jason Isbell, who left for what has become a successful solo career. The new album represents a return to writing for Cooley, who had suffered an extended period of writer's block.