Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue October 1, 2013
Dr. Dog On World Cafe
A road trip is in store for Tuesday's installment of World Cafe, as we travel to Dr. Dog's studio right outside Philadelphia. In this session, the soulful indie-rock band plays a set of songs from its most recent album, B-Room, which was born in the space. The band says building the studio was integral to the process of creating B-Room, in some ways mirroring the organic feel of the recording.
The members of Dr. Dog initially made a name for themselves on the road, gaining recognition when My Morning Jacket took them on tour in the mid-2000s. Singer-songwriters Toby Leaman and Scott McMicken, who have known each other since middle school, created the group.