Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue October 29, 2013
Don't Waste Your Rainy Day Fund At The Beach
During the government shutdown, thousands of people with stable jobs suddenly found themselves without paychecks and scraping to get by. NPR Senior Business editor Marilyn Geewax talks with host Michel Martin about why rainy day funds are important, and how to create one.