Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon August 25, 2014
Donated Breast Milk Helps Sick Infants
The matter of what to feed an infant has been a historically controversial one. August is National Breastfeeding Month, which is not only meant to draw attention to the fact it's generally considered the best food for babies, but also that not all newborns have access to breast milk - which can be a life-threatening thing for some. Carissa Hawkins is with 'The Milk Bank' - located in Indiana and a supplier for states in the Midwest. She recently spoke with us about it:
CLICK HERE for more info about The Milk Bank.