Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Wed October 9, 2013
Does It Pay To Move From Illinois?
Is it worth it to leave one state for another due to taxes? The National Center for Policy Analysis, a non partisan public policy research group, developed a way to help you determine the answer. It's an online state tax calculator. Pam Villareal is a senior fellow for the Center. She spoke with WUIS' Sean Crawford:
Want to try out the calculator? Find it here.
A note that Illinois excludes a wide variety of retirement income from taxation. But when it comes to sales taxes, combining state and some local rates, that burden is considered among the highest in the country, showing how difficult it can be to get a complete picture of taxes.