Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Wed October 9, 2013
Does It Pay To Move From Illinois?
Is it worth it to leave one state for another due to taxes? The National Center for Policy Analysis, a non partisan public policy research group, developed a way to help you determine the answer. It's an online state tax calculator. Pam Villareal is a senior fellow for the Center. She spoke with WUIS' Sean Crawford:
Want to try out the calculator? Find it here.
A note that Illinois excludes a wide variety of retirement income from taxation. But when it comes to sales taxes, combining state and some local rates, that burden is considered among the highest in the country, showing how difficult it can be to get a complete picture of taxes.