Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed October 9, 2013
Does It Pay To Move From Illinois?
Is it worth it to leave one state for another due to taxes? The National Center for Policy Analysis, a non partisan public policy research group, developed a way to help you determine the answer. It's an online state tax calculator. Pam Villareal is a senior fellow for the Center. She spoke with WUIS' Sean Crawford:
Want to try out the calculator? Find it here.
A note that Illinois excludes a wide variety of retirement income from taxation. But when it comes to sales taxes, combining state and some local rates, that burden is considered among the highest in the country, showing how difficult it can be to get a complete picture of taxes.