Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu September 12, 2013
District 186 Launches Online Survey For Superintendent Search
Residents of Springfield can provide input online as District 186 continues a search for its next leader.
School Exec Connect, the firm hired to help with the superintendent search, has set up a web-based survey which asks about leadership qualities and goals that are a priority for the community.
School board member Scott McFarland says the survey is an opportunity to get feedback from those who weren't able to attend community meetings this summer.
McFarland says the board wants to make sure everyone gets an opportunity to weigh in on an important choice for the city:
"You're hiring the CEO for the 4th largest employer in the city,” McFarland says. “So whether you have students in District 186 or not, this person's going to have a direct impact on your way of life. We need District 186 to be well, and it does well when it has a strong leader. The community needs to be involved in selecting that leader."
The community survey will be available online (CLICK HERE) through the end of September.
Two more public meetings will be held this fall. McFarland says he and fellow school board members will pick a superintendent in December from candidates the search firm finds.
Learn more about the search process by visiting the District's website HERE.