Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon January 6, 2014
The Decemberists On World Cafe
Originally published on Tue January 14, 2014 7:39 pm
The Decemberists have been on hiatus for quite a while — so long that the non-Colin Meloy members of the band have their own group, Black Prairie. We love these musicians together, and that's why we picked their session from 2011's The King Is Dead to feature on Vintage Cafe. At the time of its release, the album was celebrated as a return to straight-ahead folk-rock, and not as thematic a record as The Crane Wife or The Hazards Of Love.
This World Cafe segment originally aired on Jan. 21, 2011.