Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon June 16, 2014
Decatur Zoo Gets Grant To Build Bird Exhibit
The Scovill Zoo in Decatur is getting nearly a half-million dollars in state grants to build a walk-through bird exhibit. The money is part of a state grant program that will give out $20 million dollars in capital funds for facility improvements and added exhibits at museums operated by local governments and cities.
Scovill is also getting the funding for a crowned-crane exhibit, pavilion, ADA walkway and a generator.
Major attractions receiving money include the Shedd Aquarium, the Field Museum of Natural History and the Adler Planetarium.