Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- Illinois Supreme Court Strikes Down Pension Law
Thu July 17, 2014
Decatur Vies For Ag Research Center
Decatur is among the finalists for a national agriculture research center.
The (Decatur) Herald & Review reports Thursday (http://bit.ly/1yyldBp ) that the National Corn Growers Association wants to create a facility to support and develop farming research.
Richard Vierling is head of the Corn Growers research and development team. He said Thursday that Fargo, North Dakota, is the other city in the running for the National Agriculture Genotyping Center.
The facility would translate scientific discoveries into production improvement.
Richland Community College would host the center if Decatur is chosen. That's according to Doug Brauer, the school's vice president of economic development and innovative solutions.
Vierling says officials will conduct site visits in August. The facility could open as soon as the first part of next year.