Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- Illinois Supreme Court Strikes Down Pension Law
Thu August 8, 2013
Debate Over End Of Ramadan Complicates Doing Business
Today marks the end of Ramadan — or does it?
For 30 days, more than 1.5 billion Muslims fast during daylight hours, commemorating the month in which Allah is said to have revealed the first verses of the Koran.
But now, a theological debate surrounding the end of the holiday is making diplomacy and business in the Muslim world a bit more complicated.
- Ebrahim Moosa, professor of religion and Islamic studies at Duke University.