Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Thu August 8, 2013
Debate Over End Of Ramadan Complicates Doing Business
Today marks the end of Ramadan — or does it?
For 30 days, more than 1.5 billion Muslims fast during daylight hours, commemorating the month in which Allah is said to have revealed the first verses of the Koran.
But now, a theological debate surrounding the end of the holiday is making diplomacy and business in the Muslim world a bit more complicated.
- Ebrahim Moosa, professor of religion and Islamic studies at Duke University.