Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri November 1, 2013
Dead Man Winter On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 8:47 am
Dead Man Winter makes its first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of the North House Folk School in Grand Marais, Minn. The band is more than just a side project for Trampled by Turtles frontman Dave Simonett; for the lead singer and guitarist, it also represents a return to the roots of electric rock and country. The group's album Bright Lights infuses Americana and alt-country with a flinty Northern edge that echoes work by Neil Young and Bob Dylan.
Simonett is joined by Trampled by Turtles bandmates Ryan Young on fiddle and Tim Saxhaug on bass. Rounding out the group on Mountain Stage is guitarist Erik Koskinen and drummer J.T. Bates. This set includes includes the seven-minute title cut from Bright Lights, which wasn't heard during the radio broadcast of the band's performance.
- "A Long Cold Night In Minneapolis"
- "Midnight On The Interstate"
- "Bright Lights"