Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- UI Faculty Association President Calls Salaita Report A Game Changer
- Soda Tax Idea Coming Back In Spring Session
- Agencies To Ask For More, Rauner Says ... Without Giving An Opinion On If They Deserve It Or Not
- IIAA Teaches Life Skills Through Sports
Thu March 6, 2014
Dead Animals Lead To Animal Cruelty Charges
The Kane County sheriff's office says it arrested a suburban Chicago woman after finding 10 dead animals and others that were malnourished on a pair of farms.
According to the Daily Herald (http://bit.ly/1ne0I7r ), the horse, pony and other animals were found on farms near Maple Park and in Hampshire in Kane County. The discoveries were made after someone called to report a dead horse at one farm.
The sheriff's office says 34-year-old Stacy Fiebelkorn was arrested Tuesday and charged with cruelty to animals and failure to provide adequate food, shelter and care. She is free on bond.
Fiebelkorn has not yet entered a plea. A message left by The Associated Press at a telephone at her listed address was not returned.
Authorities say they found ``numerous'' ill and malnourished animals.