Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon December 23, 2013
Dave Matthews Band On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon December 23, 2013 1:27 pm
This week's Vintage Cafe takes us back nearly two decades: In December 1994, a then-up-and-coming Dave Matthews Band climbed the stairs to WXPN's tiny third-floor studio and played a reflective but enthusiastic live set. At the time of this recording, the band had just released Under the Table and Dreaming and was already on its way to becoming a household name. Some of the songs performed here were actually new at the time, and would later be included on the group's popular follow-up, Crash.
This session marks the only time all of the original members of the band played together on World Cafe. In a conversation with host David Dye, the groupmates discuss how they came together.