Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue November 12, 2013
Dave Mason On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 8:37 am
Dave Mason appears on this special 800th episode of Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences in Charleston, W.V. As a singer, songwriter and guitarist, Mason has had a hand in the creation of a staggering number of classic rock and pop songs.
As a teenager, the musician teamed up with Steve Winwood to form Traffic, a band that would later earn him a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Mason revisits some of the biggest moments of his career in this performance, which he opens with the classic-rock staples "We Just Disagree" and "Only You Know and I Know." He also plays the song he's perhaps best known for writing: "Feelin' Alright," which was famously covered by Joe Cocker and featured in countless movies and TV shows.
Mason closes the set with his own take on "All Along the Watchtower," a track for which he played acoustic guitar alongside Jimi Hendrix. Mason is backed by his own band, which includes Jason Roller on guitar and mandolin, Tony Patler on keys and bass, and Alvino Bennett on drums.
- "We Just Disagree"
- "Only You Know And I Know"
- "Good 2 U"
- "You Can All Join In"
- "Feelin' Alright"
- "All Along The Watchtower"