Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed December 18, 2013
Daughter On World Cafe
World Cafe welcomes the U.K. trio Daughter to the studio for Wednesday's session. Led by singer-songwriter Elena Tonra, the group formed when its members met as students at London's Institute of Contemporary Music Performance. The band released a pair of EPs independently before attracting the attention of a big label, which released the full-length If You Leave in March.
Tonra and her bandmates — guitarist Igor Haefeli and drummer Remi Aguilella — worked on the album for more than a year, and the result is a gorgeous, dark and personal record.