Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri May 2, 2014
Damon Fowler On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:28 pm
Damon Fowler makes his first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown.
Known as a master of the guitar in and around his hometown of Tampa, Fowler started wowing audiences with his musical exploits as a teenager. He began singing and writing his own music as the years passed, further expanding his repertoire. Fowler has released three albums for the Blind Pig label, including his latest, Sounds of Home.
Produced by swamp-blues master Tab Benoit, Sounds was recorded in Benoit's rural Louisiana studio, capturing just the right mix of grit and polish. Fowler is backed here by his own Tampa-based trio, including Chuck Riley on bass and drummer James "Big Country" McKnight.
- "Sounds Of Home"
- "Old Fools, Bar Stools & Me"
- "Grit My Teeth"