Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Thu May 29, 2014
Dallas Man Orders World's Most Expensive Starbucks Drink
Originally published on Thu May 29, 2014 6:33 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Ever joke with a colleague about his or her coffee order? Going to Starbucks, David? Great. Bring me a venti, iced vanilla latte with extra ice and an extra shot. That's nothing compared to what a man in Dallas ordered. He's a member of the loyalty program and was entitled to a free drink. He went big, ordering what is now the world's most expensive Starbucks beverage - a sexagintuple, vanilla bean, mocha frappuccino. The bucket-sized beverage would've cost about $55. It had 60 shots of espresso. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.