Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue September 17, 2013
Daley: Didn't Realize 'Enormity' Of Being A Candidate
Former White House chief of staff Bill Daley says his decision to drop out of the 2014 gubernatorial race doesn't mean he couldn't beat Gov. Pat Quinn.
Daley told reporters Tuesday he thinks he had enough support _ including
downstate _ and fundraising ability. But he says he didn't realize the
``enormity'' of being a candidate.
He says Quinn is also likely to lose to a Republican in November next year.
The brother and son of two longtime Chicago mayors got choked up as he
described his family's service to politics and his decision to step aside.
He says he didn't base it on any single issue.
Daley says he'll return political contributions and return to the private