Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Fri November 22, 2013
Conservation Officer Shoots Driver At Traffic Stop
UPDATE: Authorities say a 30-year-old Ohio man was shot and killed after he allegedly pinned an Illinois State Police trooper with his vehicle during a traffic stop.
He was identified as Shane David Cataline of Toledo, Ohio. Illinois State Police said an autopsy was conducted Saturday. The results were not immediately available.
The shooting happened Friday along Interstate 88 near Sterling after the state trooper stopped the motorist. Illinois Conservation Police say the driver turned around, striking and pinning the state trooper against his squad car. Authorities say a conservation officer who responded to the scene, saw the trooper and allegedly shot Cataline.
Both the trooper and the officer were treated at a hospital and released. They've been placed on administrative leave.
Illinois State Police are investigating.