Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Tue November 26, 2013
Cong. Findley Items Donated To Illinois College
Former area congressman Paul Findley has donated his congressional papers and other artifacts from his career to his alma mater, Illinois College in Jacksonville.
The official transfer took place in the Paul Findley Congressional Office Museum on the campus.
Findley told those attending he was on hand for a lot of historic moments and the materials could be valuable for future researchers. He also encouraged other Illinois College alums who served in Congress to donate their materials.
The 92 year old Findley served eleven terms in congress, losing a re-election bid to Dick Durbin in 1982.