Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz
Fri May 16, 2014
Clint Eastwood On Piano Jazz
Clint Eastwood is best known for his work in Hollywood, but he's also a composer and jazz aficionado. Combining his love of both art forms, he's included classic jazz recordings in his films — including Play Misty for Me, which features the famous Errol Garner ballad.
On this episode of Piano Jazz, Eastwood discusses his love of Garner's music and reminisces about seeing Charlie Parker perform live. Host Marian McPartland gives treatments of Eastwood's compositions "Claudia's Theme" and "Doe Eyes."
Originally broadcast in 2004.