Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Wed December 11, 2013
Christmas Archives for November 30, 2013
This is the WUIS Christmas Archives for Saturday... November 30th. I'm Rich Bradley.
And in 1965... November 30 fell on a Tuesday. And in the Illinois State Register... you could learn that 12 year old Linda Reid of Glenview will get an early Christmas present when President Johnson's daughter... Luci... plays Santa. She is sending Linda one of her pet hamsters. The gift arrives at O'Hare International Airport. Linda... who wants to be a veterinarian... will name the hamster Frisky.
In other items from the State Register: The Illinois State Museum is being decorated by the SHS Art Club... The Auburn Christmas parade will be held today... while the VFW's LaFore Lock Post 755 meets this week to work on their Christmas projects.
The Laurel United Methodist Church is displaying masterpieces of religious art... The Readers Digest will print the Paul Gallico classics... “The Small Miracle” and “The Snow Goose.” “A good quality toy... Made in America”... a lovable stuffed Santa is free with any dry cleaning order of $5 or more at Sally Ward's.
The Hub Clothiers advertises... “if you have the men... they have the gifts." And... the 1966 edition of the World Book Encyclopedia will... quote... "Give your family the gift of learning this year." There are 6 plan options for payment and shipping. That's the WUIS Christmas Archives... from this day in 1965. I'm Rich Bradley.