Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz
Fri August 22, 2014
Christian McBride On Piano Jazz
Originally published on Fri August 22, 2014 12:24 pm
Bassist, bandleader and composer Christian McBride has been a presence in jazz for more than 20 years. A veteran Piano Jazz sideman, McBride has accompanied the likes of J.J. Johnson and Cassandra Wilson on the show.
In this Piano Jazz session from 2001, McBride takes the spotlight as a dynamic composer and stylist who's leading a new generation of jazz players. He features his bass in duet with host Marian McPartland throughout the standard "Alone Together" and plays solo in his composition "Lullaby For A Ladybug."
Originally recorded May 2001.
- "Alone Together" (Dietz, Schwartz)
- "Billie's Bounce" (Parker)
- "Dolphin Dance" (Hancock)
- "Lullaby For A Ladybug" (McBride)
- "Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea" (Arlen, Koehler)
- "Midnight Sun" (Burke, Hampton, Mercer)
- "Sonnymoon For Two" (Rollins)