Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Mon June 2, 2014
Chicago Blackhawks' Social Media Team Sends Obscene Tweet
Originally published on Mon June 2, 2014 6:48 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with sympathy for hockey's Chicago Blackhawks. On a night when they were eliminated from the playoffs by the LA Kings, their social media team also fell on the ice. On Twitter, the Blackhawks tried to use the hashtag #CHIversusLAK. They published a tweet not realizing autocorrect replaced it with another trending hashtag - an obscene one. It's a Spanish-language insult beginning with the letters CH directed at the mother of Mexico's president - unclear if she's a Kings fan. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.