Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Summer Road Work
Fri August 2, 2013
Chatham Rd. Bridge Work To Start Monday, Expect Traffic Delays
After August 4th, commuters in Springfield may want to avoid Chatham Road between Iles and Wabash. A small bridge there is scheduled to be replaced, a project which could take months. The Office of Public Works issued the following statement Friday:
"The City of Springfield Office of Public Works has announced that Chatham Road bridge construction will start Monday, August 5th between Iles Avenue and Jerome Avenue.
Changes to traffic will be in affect starting Monday morning. Two-way traffic will be maintained on the northbound lanes of Chatham Road.
Reed Avenue will be closed at Chatham Road.
This phase of the construction should last through the winter.
Pedestrians should use extreme caution through this area and only use the east sidewalk through this area.
Motorists should expect delays and drive with caution through this area and avoid the area during heavy traffic times if possible."