Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri March 21, 2014
Celtic Fiddle Festival On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:45 pm
The group known as Celtic Fiddle Festival began with Scotsman Johnny Cunningham, Irishman Kevin Burke, and Christian LeMaitre of Britanny wanting to bring together the fiddle traditions of all three countries. Upon Cunningham's passing in 2003, Andre Brunet of Quebec joined the lineup. While the group was originally conceived as a one-off, the audience response was such that Celtic Fiddle Festival is still touring and recording two decades after its formation.
This 2005 performance on Mountain Stage features Burke, LeMaitre, Brunet and guitarist Ged Foley.
- "An Droiou"
- "La Belle Catherine / Le Step a Ti-Phonse / Reel a Totto"
- "Stan Chapman's Jig / Arthur Darley's Swedish Jig"