Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri March 21, 2014
Celtic Fiddle Festival On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:45 pm
The group known as Celtic Fiddle Festival began with Scotsman Johnny Cunningham, Irishman Kevin Burke, and Christian LeMaitre of Britanny wanting to bring together the fiddle traditions of all three countries. Upon Cunningham's passing in 2003, Andre Brunet of Quebec joined the lineup. While the group was originally conceived as a one-off, the audience response was such that Celtic Fiddle Festival is still touring and recording two decades after its formation.
This 2005 performance on Mountain Stage features Burke, LeMaitre, Brunet and guitarist Ged Foley.
- "An Droiou"
- "La Belle Catherine / Le Step a Ti-Phonse / Reel a Totto"
- "Stan Chapman's Jig / Arthur Darley's Swedish Jig"