Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu April 3, 2014
Cayucas On World Cafe
World Cafe goes California coastal today with the band Cayucas, the project of Zach Yudin. Yudin performed under the name Oregon Bike Trails starting in 2011; in 2012, the project became a full-fledged band. At that point, the name changed to Cayucas, a nod to the central California beach town of Cayucos.
Last year, Cayucas collaborated with producer Richard Swift for its debut, titled Bigfoot. The album and the group is a far cry from Yudin's original looped electronic songs — and, under Swift's guidance, Cayucas has become a true California guitar band.