Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Tue April 1, 2014
Car Rolls Off Valet Parking Deck Into Gulf Of Mexico
Originally published on Tue April 1, 2014 7:23 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
If you've ever done valet parking, you may have wondered just where they parked your car. At casino in Fort Meyers Beach, Florida there's no doubt. A valet took charge of a $23,000 vehicle and maybe forgot to put it in park. In any case, the car rolled right off a dock, into the Gulf of Mexico. Channel 2 showed images of the car sinking in a slow and dignified manner.
On the upside, the casino did pay for the car, in full.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.