Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon July 28, 2014
Calif. Gets A Lesson In Succession: 4 Governors In 4 Days
Originally published on Mon July 28, 2014 12:52 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Californians are getting a lesson in succession as the state gets four governors in four days. Governor Jerry Brown headed for Mexico yesterday on a trade mission. The lieutenant governor stepped up, but he's going East for the Special Olympics tomorrow, making the Senate President pro tem acting governor. But he's going to Chicago, leaving the assembly speaker in charge for an entire nine hours before Governor Brown returns. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.