Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
All Songs TV
Tue July 1, 2014
Broken Twin: 'No Darkness'
It's hard to see the hope that glows dimly in the vaporous sounds of Broken Twin's music. But it's there, pulsing delicately in the beautifully spare arrangements and haunting voice of singer Majke Voss Romme.
In a stark new video for her song "No Darkness," Voss Romme draws a circle of sand and stone around herself, forming a kind of sacred space to shield her from the grief she's summoned through song. "Now the birds are singing / Somewhere dawn arrives," sings Voss Romme. "And there will be no darkness."
"No Darkness" is the closing track to Broken Twin's breathtaking debut, May. We featured another cut from the album, "If Pilots Go To Heaven," on a recent episode of All Songs Considered, citing Broken Twin as one of the year's best new artists.