Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Tue August 27, 2013
Bringing Illinois Stories To Viewers
Mark McDonald estimates he has done 900 episodes of "Illinois Stories". McDonald travels throughout the area to bring interesting people to the screen on public television stations WSEC/WQEC/WMEC. A veteran TV journalist, his conversational style allows viewers to learn about places and individuals who might live right down the street.
"When I am traveling, especially in small towns in central and west central Illinois, they'll tell me you know I have lived here all my life and I never knew about that," McDonald said about the show he hosts and produces.
Illinois Stories has been nominated for an Emmy Award from the Mid-American Chapter in the Interview/Discussion category.
McDonald visited WUIS to appear on our program, Illinois Edition.