Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu October 10, 2013
Brendan James On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:33 pm
Brendan James makes his second appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Culture Center Theater in Charleston, W.V. James wraps his tranquil voice and serene songwriting around his own energetic piano playing, a technique that's proven successful with fans and critics. His first three albums placed in the Top 10 on the iTunes pop charts, and his third earned the top spot on iTunes' singer-songwriter chart.
James' latest, Simplify — from which this Mountain Stage performance is drawn — may be his most emotionally direct work yet. He's joined by Craig Meyer on drums and guitarist Eric Nelson for a set that also includes a cover of Bob Dylan's "Girl From The North Country."
- "The New Plan"
- "Girl From The North Country"