Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue September 17, 2013
Brady Selects Running Mate
Republican state Sen. Bill Brady is naming former Long Grove Mayor Maria Rodriguez as his gubernatorial running mate.
The Bloomington businessman and 2010 GOP nominee for governor made the formal announcement Tuesday at an event at the Union League Club in Chicago.
Rodriguez served two terms as mayor and lost in the 8th Congressional District Republican primary in 2010 to Joe Walsh. She has been involved with the conservative watchdog group For the Good of Illinois and several Catholic women's groups. As mayor, she considered economic development one of her top accomplishments.
Having a suburban female on the ticket could boost Brady's chances in the collar counties.
Brady is the third of four primary candidates to have announced their lieutenant governor selections. Venture capitalist Bruce Rauner's pick is still outstanding.
Clash or Compromise