Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Mon May 19, 2014
Boy Tries To Win Over Girl With A Foul Ball
Originally published on Tue May 20, 2014 6:46 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with highlights from a Toronto Blue Jays/Texas Rangers game over the weekend. A young fan sitting near third base snagged a foul ball. He immediately turned around and offered the ball to the young woman sitting behind him. She was caught on TV looking charmed and flattered. What she didn't know is she had been had. The boy had given her a ball he already had in his hand. He kept the real foul ball hidden in his glove. The TV announcers called, quote, "The play of the game."
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.