Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Around the Nation
Tue August 5, 2014
Boy Takes Toy ATV For A Spin On Bronx River Parkway
Originally published on Tue August 5, 2014 9:47 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with the story of a 6-year-old in Mount Vernon, New York. The boy had a toy all-terrain vehicle which he drove on an actual highway. The Journal News says he drove out of a park, down a street and up a ramp onto the Bronx River Parkway. Grown-up drivers protected him by surrounding his slow-moving vehicle with their own. Yes, it was a terrifying moment. Though somewhere deep down, that kid will always know his first highway drive was awesome. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.