Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue July 29, 2014
Boehner Calls Impeachment Talk Democratic 'Scam'
House Speaker John Boehner says the House has no plans to impeach President Barack Obama. He says talk of impeachment is all a scam by Democrats at the White House.
Boehner says Democrats are trying to rally their supporters ahead of November’s mid-term elections to give money and show up to vote.
Some Republicans have said Obama would open the door to impeachment if he takes steps to end deportations of large numbers of immigrants here illegally, as the White House is contemplating. Other Republicans, including former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, already are calling for Obama to be impeached.
White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer say the White House is taking impeachment talk seriously.